ROGER DILLEMANS FUND at KU Leuven University in Belgium
Internationalization is an integral part of the university’s threefold mission, which it supports and stimulates: education, research and social service.
Scholarships for developing-world students in Leuven who are already a KU Leuven alumnus.
For the 2018-2019 academic year scholarships will be granted to developing-world students who are a KU Leuven alumnus and have obtained a first master’s degree from KU Leuven and would like to continue their studies with a second (60 ECTS) master’s degree at KU Leuven University, or to KU Leuven students currently enrolled in the first phase of their 120 ECTS Master looking for funding of the final phase.
Each applicant must:
- Be from one of the following developing countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestine, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay.
- Be a KU Leuven alumnus
- Have an initial master’s degree from KU Leuven or be currently enrolled in the first phase of a KU Leuven Master
- Have excellent study results: minimum 68% overall (cum laude)
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH ALL THE CONDITIONS!
Students interested in a scholarship from the Roger Dillemans Fund should follow this procedure:
- Be admitted to the Master’s Programme of their choice via the Application Procedure of the KU Leuven Admissions Office in case you will start a new Master programme next academic year.
- Please also send an e-mail to Mathias Groenweghe that you are applying for a Roger Dillemans Fund scholarship, including your motivation and transcript of all the marks obtained at KU Leuven.
- Your reference letter should be sent directly by your referee to Mathias Groenweghe. Please note that only KU Leuven referees are accepted.
- Fill out the application form (available from 1 February 2018).
The deadline for submission is 31 March 2018. Candidates will be evaluated based on their motivation and past studies.
The Scholarship includes:
- € 8,600.00/year living expenses
- Tuition fee waiver
- Affiliation with a Belgian Health Insurance Company
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- May 2018: selected students will be informed by e-mail or regular mail
- October 2018: grant of the scholarship
- Spring 2019: the Roger Dillemans Fund scholarships are officially granted
The meetings of the selection commission are private. Members of the jury are:
- Vicerector Student Affairs: prof. Chantal Van Audenhove
- Vicerector Educational Policy: prof. Tine Baelmans
- Prof. Koen Van Balen, Department of Civil Engineering, for the Engineering and Technology Group
- Prof. Paul Schotsmans, full professor Faculty of Medicine and programme director of the IU POC Master of Bioethics of the Faculty of Medicine, for the Biomedical Sciences Group
- Prof. Luk Draye, for the Humanities and Social Sciences Group
- Mr Jan De Vriendt, director Student Services
KU Leuven – Leuvens Universiteitsfonds – Leuven University Fund